Keith Richards' recipe for Bangers and Mash
In his autobiography, Life, Keith gives detailed instructions on how to cook the perfect Bangers and Mash. Here it is for you!
- First off, find a butcher who makes his sausages fresh.
- Fry up a mixture of onions and bacon and seasoning.
- Get the spuds on the boil with a dash of vinegar, some chopped onions and salt (seasoning to taste). Chuck in some peas with the spuds. (Throw in some chopped carrots too, if you like). Now we're talking.
- Now, you have the choice of grilling or broiling your bangers or frying. Throw them on low heat with the simmering bacon and onions (or in the cold pan, as the TV lady said, and add the onions and bacon in a bit) and let the fuckers rock gently, turning every few minutes.
- Mash yer spuds and whatever.
- Bangers are now fat free (as possible!).
- Gravy if desired.
- HP sauce, every man to his own.
Keith is also fond of Shepard's Pie. Although he doesn't give us his recipe for this, an anecdote is provided which sees him making one before a show and the tour bodyguard's tucking into it before him. He refused to go on stage until another one was brought to him!